Thursday, April 5, 2007

Still trying to recover

Last week I was feeling bored and thought that maybe I don't have enough to do.

So I took a road trip over the weekend.

With all three children.

By myself.

And before I left I decided to up the supermom mentality and crochet a blanket for my grandparents.

Nope, finishing school and raising three children aren't enough for me. I have to do more.

Anyway, the trip itself was not that bad. The kids watched movies and we stopped about once every hour. We were able to see the in-laws, my paternal grandparents, my maternal grandparents and my aunt and uncles. It really was nice to see everyone - but as the saying goes, there's no place like home.

When we got back home, the husband greeted us and asked Caleb what we did while we were gone.

I was hoping he would mention something like running around outside in open fields with the dogs, or riding the tractor with his grandfather, or swinging with his great-grandfather, or playing the piano or playing the guitar with my uncle. But nooooooo.

My child? What does he remember the most?

"Mom let me pee in a cup!"

Ahhh, making memories, it's what I do best.

1 comment:

Site manager said...

ROFL!!!!

That is one of my favorite things about kids, the very smallest things to them are full of joy. It would be wonderful to live like that!

m