Sunday, April 15, 2007

At least he's honest....

We live in a very small town, so it is necessary to travel approximately 15 miles at least once a week to the neighboring town to do business.

Last week I found myself once again loading up the kids to make an "emergency" trip to the next town to find something to wear to my unexpected interview.

We were about half way there when Caleb pipes up from the back seat:

"Mom?"

"Yes Caleb?"

"I think we need to go back home and get the paddle."

"We won't need the paddle today. I know you're going to be on your best behavior for me."

"I don't think so."





P.S. He behaved just fine. A stick of gum is a wonderful bribery tool.

6 comments:

Site manager said...

OH MY GOD!! He sounds like Noah, we could totally hang out in real life!! How far away are you from St. Louis? I have margaritas!!

Miga said...

Dang, I'm way down here in Georgia, near Savannah. Coming south anytime soon? :)

laura capello said...

::giggling::

Site manager said...

By Savannah?? WOOO HOOO Not anytime real soon, but our most favorite vacation spot is Tybee Island! We are planning a trip next summer!

Slackermommy said...

Kids crack me up. Mine will remind me that they are grounded.

Pendullum said...

What a kid!