Saturday, April 14, 2007

Cross your fingers....

So I had a job interview this week. I decided that since I'm only months from finishing my degree that it'd be a good idea to get started on the job search. This job would be pretty nice and we'd finally have some breathing room - financially speaking. The HR director told me he'd let me know by Tuesday if they want me back for a second interview.

I hate interviews. I am NOT good at selling myself because I prefer to let my work speak for itself.
Why is it that I can think of intelligent responses to inane questions hours after the interview is over?

Seriously, this guy asked me how I handle conflict when a boss is losing their temper. That should be a sign right there that I should run for the hills.

My initial answer: "I usually let them vent and go on about my way, trying to get my work done."

My on-the-ride-home-in-my-head-answer: "I take that bitch by the shoulders and tell that her to get ahold of herself - I deal with enough tantrums at home and I come to work to escape them."

Eh, maybe it's a good thing I don't know a good answer right away.

2 comments:

Site manager said...

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, I will find out about the job I have been interviewing for on Tuesday as well!

My interviewer asked some off the wall questions as well, pretty sure he is a perv, and a little crazy but you know what? I need the $$ and as a really cranky single mom of four boys? He better think twice before messing with me!

Miga said...

Thanks! Good luck with your job too! I'm already daydreaming at the thought of being able to pay bills on time :)