Friday, March 23, 2007

The Caleb

Son #1 often refers to himself in the third person, either as "the son" or "the Caleb". It's cute now, so we don't correct him. When he's older? I'll definitely say something because nothing is creepier than being hit on by a guy in a bar who refers to himself in the third person.

Moving on.

I took sons 1 and 2 with me to pick up the daughter from 4-H. One lady that we had not seen in a while tried to strike up a conversation with son #1.

Lady: Hi there! I haven't seen you in a while, what have you been up to?

Son: *SIGH* I still the Caleb.

And he turned and walked off.

He's lucky he's cute.

3 comments:

OhTheJoys said...

I don't know... I totally know how he feels.

Site manager said...

hee hee, it is tough to be the caleb

Slackermommy said...

Love your last sentence! I just wrote a post about how I say it's a good thing my kids are cute otherwise I might kill them.