Saturday, March 17, 2007

Close to home

Last week the disappearance of a six year old boy was announced. He lived in the next town over, so this story was particularly terrifying for me. My heart instantly went out to this child's parents. I couldn't even begin to imagine the terror and anguish this child's parents were feeling. Tragically, Christopher Michael Barrios Jr.'s body was found Thursday, March 15th. His body was found only three miles from his home.

Police have arrested four people in connection with Christopher's murder.
George Edenfield is the one actually charged with the homicide. He was a known sex offender. The other three people? George Edenfield's parents and a friend. These people KNEW George Edenfield had murdered this child. These people KNEW that hundreds of people were out looking for this child. Yet, they helped George Edenfield place this child's body in a fucking TRASH BAG and dump his body in the woods. Burning in hell would be too good for these people.

If there were a way, I'd make these people pay with more than a prison term. I'd find a way to experience the heartache Christopher's parents felt. I'd find a way to make them experience the pain and confusion Christopher must have felt, as only a six year old child can.

But I don't have that power. All I can do is pay tribute to Christopher here and hug my own children a little tighter tonight.


Rest in peace little Christopher. May your parents one day find peace also.

1 comment:

Site manager said...

Horrible.

My hope is that Hell is a place that you feel the exact same pain that you caused someone else times 100