Friday, January 26, 2007

Time to get busy

My husband must have been hitting the crack pipe on his way home from work last night.

Why?

He agreed that if I lose 50 pounds that I can buy myself a pair of Jimmy Choo Shoes.

I know, I know, they're disgustingly expensive and that's why I don't own a pair of any designer shoes now, even though I love shoes. I have hideous feet and I'm secretly hoping that a pair of expensive shoes will somehow help me hide the fact I have man feet and stubby toes. (It's my lie, let me live it how I want to.)

I also love designer handbags and I have one Coach purse. I saved up and rewarded myself when I completed my first 5k race. (I walked the whole thing, but I finished it dammit and that's what counts!) Don't be fooled though, we have a Coach outlet only a few miles from our house and I got the purse on sale for $60. (Not too shabby eh? I love a good bargain!) The purse was excellent motivation for me and once I completed that "race" I felt a huge since of accomplishment and even signed up for, and completed, a few more races - without buying anymore expensive handbags. Luckily, my materialism only goes so far.

Back to the issue: losing 50 pounds will be a HUGE deal for me as I am struggling with being the fattest I've ever been in my life. (I've lost 25 pounds since the baby was born in September and I am proud of that small accomplishment.) Fifty pounds is not an unreasonable goal, as it will put me back at a healthy weight for my height and small bone structure.

I have a problem with food. I can eat healthy for days and then one night when I'm stressed out I will run to the store and will come back with enough candy to put a horse into a sugar coma. And I eat every last bit of it. I eat when I'm stressed, when I'm bored, when I'm upset and when I'm happy. So now the trick will be to replace the recreational eating with healthier habits that will keep my hands busy - like crocheting. It's also time for me to register for another 5k and get my butt moving again.

Oh yeah, during our "negotiations" last night, I also threw in a trip to New York to buy the shoes. Just don't tell the husband I could save money by staying in the state and getting them in the ATL. (That's Atlanta for all you foreigners)

Now, I've got to go find that crack pipe of the husband's - it's gonna take something strong to help me win this battle ;)

3 comments:

THE said...

i'll cross my finger for ya, so you can loose the 50 punds:) Nice blog thought.. bye bye

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this post very much. Oh, the Joys sent me your way to let me know you're a Georgia blogger. I've taken the liberty of linking to you at Georgia On My Mind (http://mymindisongeorgia.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

trust me...cute shoes don't help...ugly feet DO run in the family! (except for with cari and sarah.....) just today the guys that sit in front of me took the liberty of informing me my second toe is shooting a bird. thanks...haven't heard THAT one before! :) let me know if...no WHEN you sign up for that 5K!!! ~Heather (P.S. I know you weren't sure if you wanted family to read this....but I'm addicted to MaMa Miga!!!!! Your secret is safe with me...and my roomy when you have an extra funny one!!!) :)