Saturday, January 6, 2007

I'm changing my name to Grace.

First, a little background info: I'm such a clutz. I can trip over nothing and I can trip over something while trying to avoid tripping (that's what I call talent). We only have four steps in our house (leading down into the playroom) and I have managed to fall down those stupid stairs several times. I've even managed to slip down the three steps that lead off the front porch into the yard. Most of the time I just laugh because I know I look silly and, let's face it, it's always funny to see someone trip (except for old, fragile people).

Now on to the real story: Last night I was walking through the den with my open laptop and the dog and cat came charging through. Somehow, not only did I trip, but my big toe got caught in my pants leg. As I was on my way down I realized I was about to fall on the baby who was enjoying some late-night tummy time. Soooooo, I sacrificed the laptop for the baby. (As my husband later said, it's much easier to fix a broken laptop than it is to fix a broken baby.) I ended up cracking the screen and it won't light at all. Thank goodness for accidental damage insurance and thank goodness I had just backed up all my info.

Too bad no one was around to see it though. The "good stuff" always happens when no one's looking.

1 comment:

Kevin Charnas said...

oh man! I was really cracking up until the baby and the laptop came into the picture.
Glad that you were able to avoid bouncing on the baby - sorry about the laptop.

and yes, it is ALWAYS funny when someone bites it ("except old, fragile people") - and I will always help them back up. I'll be hysterically laughing, but I'll help them.

and...I can't tell you how many stairs I've fallen down. I think that I dislocated my brain long ago.