Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Yeehaw Ya'll!

I gots me a jay-oh-bee!

(Have I mentioned I'm from Georgia?)

Anyway, it's been a long month, with regards to the job hunt.

The first job I told you about? I went to the interview, took a typing test and waited. and waited. So I called. HR director said he was just waiting for the CFO to be in the office so he could run his picks by her.

Tuesday: (A week later) I get a call from the HR director. He wanted to know if I was still interested in the job. I say yes. He says great. CFO will be calling me personally to set up interview. I get confirmation email.

Wednesday: I get a phone call. From job #2. They want to know if I can come in for an interview. I say sure. Can't hurt right? Still no call from job #1.

Thursday:Go to interview for job #2. Told to expect an answer late Monday afternoon. Still no word from job #1.

Friday: Get phone call from job #3 ( a staffing agency). Can I come to Savannah Monday to take placement tests? Why the heck not? Sure, I'll be there.

Monday morning: Get phone call from job #2. Do I have references they can contact? Sure, I'll email you my reference page. Take kids to doctor for check-up. Wait one hour in waiting room with little sickies running around my healthy kids.

Monday afternoon: Rush home, get ready. Drive to Savannah. Take 3 hours worth of tests, fill out enough paperwork to apply for a mortgage. Told not good enough for bank job, thanks anyway. Still no word from job #1. No word from job #2.

Tuesday. No word from anyone. Call job #2 at 4pm to "make sure they got my references" ::cough, cough:: Yep, they got them. Just can't get references to return phone calls, but I am at the top of their list. ::scream after hanging up phone:: 5pm: phone rings. FINALLY heard back from former boss, can I be there Wednesday at 10am to meet the owner? Ab-so-frickin'-lutely!

Wednesday (TODAY!): Meet with owner, offered job by lady to be my supervisor. Start work Friday. (still no word from job #1, lol)

I can't tell you how excited I am. I will finally have a job that is more than just answering phones and typing letters. I will actually get to use all this schooling and get to shine like the number nerd I am.

The only problem? I don't have ANY clothes to wear. I literally have three outfits, that's it. Oh, and no money to go shopping with.

On another note.....Bon Jovi is on American Idol tonight.

I *heart* Bon Jovi!

::SIGH::

4 comments:

Site manager said...

YOU ROCK!!!

Congratulations, I am really happy for you!

Clothes = Ebay!!

Woo Hoo

Damn, I wish I was closer I would totally take you out for a margarita!!

Pendullum said...

Congrats Honey...
Good on you...
Don't worry about the clothes...
It will all come in time..
Enjoy this moment!!!!!.
Wheeeheww!!!!

Miga said...

Thanks guys! It's all so exciting and terrifying at the same time.

Grail: maybe when you come down to Tybee next year we can meet up and catch up on all the margaritas we should be treating each other to ;)

ellie bee said...

Big Time Congrats!
You go, girl!