Monday, May 28, 2007

Long time, no see

Wow, time really got away from me this time. I had been so worn out after work that I passed out after the kids go to bed. Then last week the hubs and I discovered that NBC has every single episode of Heroes on their website, so we watched ALL 23 episodes last week. We know we're lame, and we're ok with that.

My paternal grandparents came over this past weekend. My grandmother's family was having a reunion in a town about an hour north of where we live. Before the actual reunion/supper we gathered at a museum that was dedicated to my grandmother's ancestors who immigrated to America from Germany/Austria in the 1700s. They fled Europe because they were persecuted for being Lutherans and were afraid for their lives. It was really neat to see all that history and to see that I was even listed in the book of descendants. I took a ton of pictures but I promise I won't bore you with all of them.

The sign at the entrance of the museum:



The original wing of the church. That's my cute little grandpa walking out the door.


The sign on the church door. According to the guide, this church has the longest continuing congregation in the United States.


Spinning wheel.


Original mill house.


It wouldn't be an original Miga post if I didn't put an embarrassing Caleb picture on here. He hitched a ride on his sister's back and bared his butt crack to the world. I couldn't resist snapping a picture.
It was nice to see my grandparents and other family. Even if I did feel a tiny bit guilty that I don't practice any religion after seeing all that my ancestors went through for their beliefs.

No comments: